The Smiling Coast of Africa

*These are my personal views, opinions, and ramblings and do not necessarily reflect those of the United States government or The Peace Corps.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Peacing out of the USA

In about two minutes I am leaving for staging in Philadelphia. I have gotten to wait to the last possible minute to say goodbye to family and friends and to pack my life up since I live so close to the staging city. The last week has been a rollercoaster and I am filled with excitement, anxiety, a little bit of sadness and a lot of anticipation. I don't think it has totally hit me till today that I am moving to Africa for two years, and maybe it won't totally hit me until I get on the plane. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful birthday/bon voyage party and all the warm wishes and prayers. I don't know when I will have access to internet again so until then know that I am almost certainly doing well and enduring many hours of training and assimilation. Love you all and talk to you as soon as I can!!!!

"People always say that time will change things, but you actually have to change them yourself." Andy Warhol

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 23th Becca Love you cant wait to hear from you again! Take care miss you
love monica

2:07 PM, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home