The Smiling Coast of Africa

*These are my personal views, opinions, and ramblings and do not necessarily reflect those of the United States government or The Peace Corps.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Independence Day Indeed!

I got my invitation packet in the mail from my parents a couple days ago and have been devouring it ever since. As well as any and all information I can find on The Gambia and West Africa.

I leave for state-side training July 4-6th (I don't know what city yet) and then I started my pre-service training in The Gambia July 7th. This very likely means that I will be on a plane to West Africa on my 23rd birthday, July 6th!!!! I will definitely need to have a pre-birthday celebration before I head out.

I will be leaving our nation's lovely capitol and heading back to the City of Brotherly Love June 10th. I want to get as much quality time in with all my friends and family as I can - so drop a line and we will hang out.

Boring Updates: Passport and visa applications are in the mail. Next on the list, update resume and write aspiration statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home